Saturday, April 08, 2006

Day 5: Church

Today I went to a baptismal service where a boy and a girl from our neighborhood were baptized and confirmed. I took one of my children with me that will be baptized at the end of the year. The closing song that was sung at the service was, "I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints." What a great song! It was the perfect conclusion to the service. I remember reflecting back on the day I was baptized by my dad. I don't remember all the detail but I do remember feeling very serious about the promises I was making with Heavenly Father. I also remember as a newly baptized member of the Chuch how amazing it was to feel pure and clean.



It hit me again (as it has many times before) what an amazing priviledge it is to be a member of the Church that Christ himself described as "...the only true and living Church upon the face of the whole earth..."



I'm grateful for church and all that it offers. I love going to meetings each week. I love serving in the Kingdom. I love the doctrine. I love the congregation. I love the Ward, Stake, and General Conferences. In fact, just last Saturday during the afternoon session of conference I was supposed to take two of my children to basketball practice. I couldn't stand to miss conference however so we ditched basketball practice. This might not seem like that big of deal but I'm the coach!



On day 5 I'm grateful for church.

No comments: