Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Day 21: I'm Grateful for My Ancestors

Over the past few years I've started to get into genealogy. Not that I'm a great genealogist, I just really feel a draw toward my ancestors. I've had many amazing experiences as I've worked to find them and learn about them. It gives me a greater sense of who I am. It is mentally challenging and spiritually fulfilling. In some ways it also is an expression of my gratitude to those that have paved the way before.



This is Deodat Brewster. He was born in 1789. How cool is that? He is a direct descendant of Elder William Brewster of the Mayflower. Deodat is my 4th Great Grandpa which means my family has been in the United States for a long time.



This is an artist's sketch of Deodat's home in Wisconsin in 1873.

I fully expect to meet my ancestors after this life. The more family history I do the more I look forward to meeting them.

No comments: