Thursday, April 20, 2006

Day 17: General Conference



I've almost finished listening to General Conference again. It is really an amazing thing. It is so rejuvinating, so instructive, so full of the Spirit of the Lord. I really enjoyed Elder Nelson's talk about marriage. Elder Eyring's talk about becoming like a child to survive the challenges ahead was also very powerful. I love to hear from President Hinckley and President Monson's talk during the Priesthood session was hilarious and uplifting.

I'm so grateful for the opportunity we have to listen to Apostles, Prophets, and other leaders of the Church. I used to work around the house on Saturday while I listened to the Saturday sessions. For the past several years I've stopped doing that because I just want to listen. This year I was supposed to be coaching the girls basketball team during the afternoon session. There was no way I was going to miss conference so we all stayed home to watch it. I mentioned it to someone later in an off-handed way and they thought I was joking about not wanting to miss conference enough to skip basketball practice. I'd give up just about anything to be able to listen to conference.

No comments: