Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Day 20: Spring in the Front Yard



We've put a lot of work into our flower beds. Each spring I forget how spectacular the front beds look as everything bursts into bloom. This picture is about 2 weeks from the prime of our spring color. Nearly every inch of our front beds will be covered with whites, pinks, purples and yellows. The lilacs will come into bloom and just as that all fades the first round of roses will come on. At last count we had about 45 different rose bushes throughtout the yard. I'll have to post about roses when the time comes.

I think part of why I love the front yard in the spring is the work my wife and I have put into it to make it come about. We love working together in the flower beds. There is nothing quite like the feel of good soil in your hand.

No comments: