Friday, May 19, 2006

Day 44: Gratitude

Today I'm thankful for gratitude. It is a powerful force in my life. It centers me. As I look around and reflect on life, searching for those things for which I'm most grateful, I see many new things each day that I could write about. Each one is a reflection of the truths of life and the reality of God.

As I think on these things, my heart begins to quicken and then it seems to swell within my chest. This sensation rushes through me coursing outward. It swirls through my head providing a daily cleansing as anything that is dingy or quagmired is flushed out my eyes. My mind and soul are renewed. My vision is cleared. My love for God and those around me is deepened. I find it that much easier to be a little more patient and a little more kind. I find so much that makes me happy.

I am grateful for gratitude.

No comments: