Sunday, May 14, 2006

Day 40: My Mother-in-law

Many people seem to struggle to get along with their mother in-law. Not so with me. I love and respect her greatly. I am often amazed by her energy, enthusiasm, zest for life and all around gusto. It seems that the rest of us were born with impaired vision - she always sees so much more in life.

Here are some of my favorite Mother-in-law quotes:
  • An inch of milk
  • A square of toilet paper
  • A dab of whipped cream
  • Spores in the swamp cooler
  • Jiggers
  • Thank you!
  • I'll go where you want me to go dear Lord


Here are some words that come to mind when I think of her:
  • Generosity
  • Gusto
  • Faith
  • Comfort
  • Celebration
  • Can do
  • Make do
  • Energy
  • Enthusiasm
  • Love for life
  • Love for others


There are many reasons why I'm grateful for my mother-in-law but the one I feel most grateful for today is that she has taught me there are so many more reasons to celebrate life than I had ever imagine. Life is much happier, much richer and enjoyed at a whole new level because of her.

No comments: