Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Day 27: My Left Foot

I won't disturb the world with a picture of my foot. My feet aren't particularly attractive. My wife says they remind her of grasshopper feet. You never realize how good you've got it until something gets messed up. Well, my right foot is kind of messed up. In fact, it is rather awkward to walk around. No matter how I try I can't seem to relieve the pain in my right foot. I suspect it is a stress fracture. I really don't want to go to a doctor. It seems whenever I go to the doctor because of some strange ache or pain they look at me like I'm a total whimp, tell me there is nothing wrong with me other than the pain in my knee, foot, hip, etc. After I leave I'm sure the doctor and his staff all have a good laugh at the expense of that guy who just needs to suck it up and stop whining about little aches and pains.

I'm not so happy with my right foot tonight. It is keeping me from running (which I really enjoy). I am particularly grateful for my stalwart, pain-free left foot.

No comments: